PR Account Associate (Publicity Hacker)
Are you a “people person” who loves growing your network? Are you an email and social media lover who is connected 24/7? Are you committed to becoming the next up-and-coming PR superstar? Are you eager to learn what makes content go viral at the world’s most disruptive PR firm?
If so, you might make a fantastic Account Associate (who we call a "publicity hacker") on the fast-track to success.
We’re a small team, but we’re growing fast. Join us now, and you’ll have the rare, career-changing opportunity to make a difference on day one — and rise through the ranks at lightning speed. If you’re ready to hit the ground running, show us your stuff, and learn more than you ever have before, we want to meet you.
- Identify, sort, and prioritize daily media inquiries and requests
- Prepare daily media monitoring reports for clients
- Conduct weekly competitive industry intelligence reports
- Use proprietary systems to send targeted media pitches
- Create analytical reports featuring mass media, social media, and SEO impact
- Help maintain media contact databases and systems
- Monitor social media sentiment for key clients
- Coordinate campaigns with key influencers and tastemakers
- Assist Account Executives with responding to media inquiries
- Assist Account Executives with managing client communications
Requirements (unless you convince us otherwise):
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Advertising, Media Studies, or a related field
- Ability to learn new technology systems quickly and efficiently
- High attention to detail and ability to think two steps ahead
- Ability to focus and get things done while juggling a wide range of tasks
- Highly energetic and enthusiastic, with a solid work ethic and pop culture savvy
- When you see a challenge, you think “bring it on!”
- A love of blogging or other types of writing
- A love of dogs and cats (we have a lot of pet brands as clients!)